I have a colorful history of harmless, yet blatant disregard for advice. Before I got married Mother gave me the following words of wisdom, '"Never take anyone's advice on love. What the hell do they know?"
I hate to admit it, but I had already lived by that credo for decades.
Against my girlfriends' advice, I dated the Frat boy with the harem; against my college adviser's advice I took Film History II even though I had already taken Film History I which satisfied the requirement and against EVERYONE'S advice I bought a vintage Italian deco bedroom set off of Ebay.
How ironic that I received this note from Mother when I picked up this dress floral dress that I asked her to hem for me. (Weinberg is her first husband...The Belenwood Inn is the hotel she conned my father into buying, and then naming after her)
Luckily I always heed Mother's advice and I ignored her. I love this dress. I bought it during our trip to to Manhattan for Fleet Week at Housing Works Thrift Shop on 78th and 3rd. It cost $7.50. I think it will be cute in the fall with leggings and boots and a certain denim jacket that is sick and tired of constantly being singled out and flaunted like a prized pony.
It is also the perfect dress to accept an award or two...
The first is the Sunshine award from Cosmetics Chick Chat. I know clothes and God help my husband I sure know shoes...but I know nothing about makeup. This chic helps me out.
The second is the Stylish Blogger Award from THELOOKING _GLASS,who actually had my favorite Carly Simon song on when I created this link. Just a warning, someday I am going to show up at your doorstep with a bottle of vodka and a box of shoes.
In true custom I am sharing 5 more fascinating facts about myself
1) My celebrity crush is Elizabeth Hurley.
2) When I really like a movie I HAVE to see it every time it is on TV- I simply can not turn it off - Even when it is on TBS and they cut out half of the dialogue (My top three are Titanic, Boogie Nights and Requiem for a Dream) Though Citizen Kane is, of course, my favorite movie of all time.
3) My next child will be named Frank Sinatra if he is a boy and Lena Horne if she is a girl.
4) My new guilty pleasure is "Khloe and Courtney Take Miami" - and yes, Ironically I want to step in and give them life advice.
5. My favorite scent is low tide....Yuck, I know.
and I am passing these awards on to the following sensational bloggers (you all have won two awards in one shot)
Taylor Wears Everything
No More Sweatpants
Third Floor With Water View
a passing cloud in the sky
Texas Love, Life and Fashion
Style... the New Black