DVF Coat-dress and Steve Madden Shoes
Dear Donna Reed,
I hope this letter finds you well, though the fact that you died 3 decades ago raises some doubt to that end.
As a modern woman I wanted to thank you for your vast influences and assure you that the style ideologies you embodied have sustained well beyond your days. I am sure I speak for a great many of my fellow 21st century ladies when say that your lessons can be seen in every facet of our fashion existences.
· Whether your soufflé rises or fails to do so has little to do with whether or not you wear pearls; so wear them.
· Regardless of the activity, heels are always appropriate. Whether scouring the oven, shopping for groceries or darning socks a great heel makes the occasion just bit more glamorous. There are even some kitten heels that are suitable for exercise.
· Me without makeup is simply a rumor. Nobody has any concrete proof and very few people have actually seen it.
· While it is never seemly for a lady to HAVE a beard, it is perfectly fine for her to BE a beard.
· Hard hair looks better in photos than soft hair.
I am dedicating today’s blog to you, Ms. Reed and in your honor I am wearing my eggplant Diane Von Furstenberg coat dress ($2.50 at the Locust Valley Boy and Girls Club Rummage Sale)and almost matching heels (Steve Madden -4.99 at a Mandees that was going out of business)and even though it is a beautiful day I am using my kitchen as my backdrop since, you will be proud to note, I spend 90% of my waking hours there anyway.
Your Loyal Follower,