4/19/10

A New York Doll...But Not one of the Originals

Today my day planner was packed with a smorgasbord of “grown-up” tasks. On the menu were two lectures this morning on persuasion and propaganda, a parent teacher conference (I am the Parent in this scenario) and a “Whole Foods” run (or as my cousin calls the store, “Whole Paycheck”).
Of course I decided to channel my inner rock goddess for these tasks. Actually, my black skinny jeans have been calling my name for the past week and a half so I had to humor them for fear of revolt- you know how black skinny jeans are.


I was torn between two icons but finally decided to channel the ever feminine David Johanson for this look, front man for the New York Dolls- I’m sorry Joey Ramone, you will be channeled soon.




The accessories to this outfit are my favorites- the belt was my first belt, couldn’t leave it in the store because I knew I would think about it and the shoes are my birthday shoes from when I was pregnant with the twins; Prada ballet flats that are actually black with a gun metal toe, but I like them all black so I carry a spray can of black shoe polish in my car.















8 comments:

  1. And I bet you rocked all of those busy day tasks. Love the skinny jeans.


    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very chic! And sorta badass, nice. Your boy is so cute! How old is he? My youngest is 28 months - yours doesn't look too far off from that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the Rocker chick look!
    Dean is adorable, chubby cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dean turns 2 on June 1st. He is so yummy. Wants to be held every waking hour which is fine by me. Soon he will grow up and want me to pretend I don't know him in the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I admire you! That's a full day! What an adorable lil guy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last time I saw my skinny jeans they were running out the door screaming, "Help! She's trying to put me on and I nearly suffocated!" Sadly, these days it's all about elastic waist pants. You look mah-vah-lus, my dear--and little baby boy is cuter than a coon's butt (as we say down here south of civilization).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fab outfit that you are rocking and I LOVE that belt. It's a charm bracelet for your waist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys. I feel prettier than a Coon's Butt

    ReplyDelete

Cumon...leave a comment... You know you want to... All the cool kids are doing it... It'll make you swim faster