3/30/10

Worth Repeating Blowout

Former smokers are inherent mathematicians. If you were a pack-a-day girl like me, the price of all goods is in relation to whatever the going rate of a box of Parliaments Lights currently is…times seven. It is a wonderful way to justify frivolous spending so if you never smoked, grab a pack quick and then go shopping.


Last week at the much publicized Worth Repeating clearance bonanza I spent approximately 6 days worth of cigarettes and for that price I got four new little black dresses, a Juicy Couture sweat suit (new with tags), a BCBG sundress and an Asian inspired orange dress that was so compelling I had to bring it home with me. Below is a sampling of my booty (and the clothing)








My new favorite LBD. I think SJP wore this to an award ceremony long enough ago for it to no longer instantly mark me as a SATC drone to wear it in public now. (though referring to she and the program by abbreviation sadly neutralizes this fact considerably)




Mother calls this dress "Shanghai Hooker." I wonder where I got my sense of humor...









BGBG- This dress was worth the price of admission (of which there was not actually one) You see- math math math










This tunic might be my favorite from the sale; it is an Eileen Fischer for Nieman Marcus. It may look as though I am standing on a sinking ship but it actually has a gorgeous asymmetrical neckline that is not really flattering- but is quite interesting.








Betsy and Cathleen, the heart and soul of Worth Repeating. Thanks for the sale ladies.

5 comments:

  1. Great stuff - we were all about shoes that day. Sorry I missed you!
    Best,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The LBD is lovely, but they all look good on you.
    The last pic reminds me of a modern day Audrey..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can reuse many things.
    http://www.givingetting.com allow people to give and get stuff they no longer need or to get what they need and don´t have, donating or getting it for reuse, achieving longer product cycle and also keeping useful stuff out of landfills.
    The marketplace for donated things. Free stuff to give away or getting for reuse.
    The more people we gather and show them the website, more things are going to be given free and gotten free.
    Tell every person you know about this opportunity.
    Go to http://www.givingetting.com/Content/?id=3 and learn how does GIVINGETTING work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments on my blog. And I love the phrase "on the fence items"! I've never heard it before so I'm not sure what it means. But it sure sounds like a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

Cumon...leave a comment... You know you want to... All the cool kids are doing it... It'll make you swim faster